Pagibig MP2: A Voluntary Savings Program with Pagibig High Dividend Rates
If you are looking for a way to save more money and earn higher dividends, you might want to consider the Pagibig MP2 Savings Program. This is a special voluntary savings facility offered by the Pagibig Fund to its active members who wish to save more than their mandatory Pagibig Regular Savings.
The Pagibig MP2 Savings Program has several key features that make it attractive for savers. Here are some of them:
- It has a 5-year maturity period, which means you can claim your savings and dividends after five years from the date of opening your account.
- It has no minimum or maximum amount for monthly savings. You can save as much as you want, as long as you have at least Php 500 in your account every year.
- You can also opt to remit a one-time lump sum amount for the 5-year period, instead of saving monthly.
- You can open more than one MP2 Savings account, as long as you use different dividend payout modes.
- You can choose how to receive your dividends: annually or compounded. If you choose annual payout, you will receive your dividends every year. If you choose compounded payout, your dividends will be added to your savings and earn interest until maturity.
- You can view your MP2 Savings records online through the Virtual Pagibig website or app.
- Your MP2 Savings are guaranteed by the national government and are tax-free.
- You can re-apply for a new MP2 Savings account once your existing account matures.
One of the main advantages of the Pagibig MP2 Savings Program is that it offers higher dividend rates than the Pagibig Regular Savings. The dividend rate is based on at least 70% of the Pagibig Fund's annual net income, which is derived from its investments in housing finance, government securities, and corporate bonds. The dividend rate varies every year depending on the performance of the Fund. Here are the MP2 Savings dividend rates since 2011 :
Year | MP2 Savings Dividend Rate
2022 | 7.03%
2021 | 6.00%
2020 | 6.12%
2019 | 7.23%
2018 | 7.41%
2017 | 8.11%
2016 | 7.43%
2015 | 5.34%
2014 | 4.69%
2013 | 4.58%
2012 | 4.67%
2011 | 4.63%
As you can see, the dividend rates are consistently higher than the average inflation rate in the Philippines, which means your savings will grow faster than the cost of living.
To illustrate how much you can earn from the Pagibig MP2 Savings Program, let's look at some examples using different monthly savings amounts and dividend payout modes.
For more information, try exploring following resources: